Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Redemptive by Jay Mclean


It's said that your life flashes before your eyes when you die.
It must only happen to those whose lives were worthy.
Clearly, mine was not.

The only thing that happened to me was a repeat of what I thought was my death.
The blast of the gun as it went off.
The loss of my breath as two hundred pounds of dead weight dropped on top of me.
And then darkness.
This replayed over and over.

When the guy squatted down next to me and asked if I was hurt, the only thing I could see, feel,
hear, were those few seconds.
Even now, as I sat in the back of a blacked out van—it was the only thing that ran through my mind.
Gunshot, breath, darkness.
 


AMAZON US / UK
iBooks / B&N /  Kobo



Jodie's Review

3.5/4 Stars

I am a massive Jay Mclean fan and her books and her use of words always blow me away and take me on a path I didn't see coming ... but if I'm honest I've just finish this book and I have no clue as to what any of it meant or why.... I am simply left in a state of confusion....

I finished Combative ... and was left hanging and needing answers and was so exited for Redemptive to get to see how Bailey and Nate where linked but the ending of this book has left me completely lost and not given me the answers i was hoping for.... which i guess will come in the the third and final book...

And I honestly don't know how to express my feelings for this book because I feel like I have no clue as to what as gone on or why... 

I know this is my own personal opinion which I am sure is different to everyone else's but I just couldn't get lost into this book .... But I am still excited and curious to see what happens in the next book in the series .... and hopefully all that has happened in this book will make sense to me .... 





No comments: